Do you have a passion for bringing new options to patient? Do you want to take a leading role in the global pre-launch and launch of a new orphan MRI imaging drug for diagnosing cancer in the liver, Mangoral? Are you motivated by shaping commercialization from ideas to reality in a fast-growing cross-functional team? Do you have a proven track record in global marketing product launches, an entrepreneurial mind-set and strong communication and project management skills? If so, this may be an opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Director of Global Marketing to join our journey to build and grow Ascelia and improve the lives of people living with oncology related conditions.
Ascelia Pharma develops and commercializes novel drugs that address unmet medical needs and have a clear development and market pathway. We have two drugs in clinical development and aim to further expand our pipeline in therapeutic areas that leverage our unique expertise in taking orphan oncology drugs through clinical stage development and commercialization.
With direct report to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Director of Global Marketing will lead all marketing activities for the global pre-launch and launch of a new orphan MRI imaging drug for diagnosing cancer in the liver. You will work closely with market access and medical affairs – including colleagues in our US affiliate – and with senior management and other colleagues across the organization.
About the job
As our Director of Global Marketing, you will be responsible for marketing activities related to the preparation and execution of a world-class orphan oncology pre-launch and launch and you will take a leading role in driving our own launch through our US affiliate and with partners in other markets.
You will also contribute to the commercial opportunity assessment and strategy for other product candidates, including Oncoral, our oral gastric cancer chemotherapy, and future pipeline candidates.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development and execution of strategic and tactical marketing and sales launch plans (with focus on the US) – in close collaboration with market access and medical affairs
- Developing and implementing multi-channel strategies and tactical plans and tools for dialogue with stakeholders and physicians, with focus on radiology
- Mapping insights on unmet needs, clinical practice and patient and decision maker pathways to drive pre-launch and adoption plans and tactics
- Developing product market strategy, key messages and promotional campaign and tools for the pre-launch and launch of Mangoral
- Develop physician, payer, and patient education and support programs
- Developing segmentation and targeting
- Collecting market sizing and competitor insights
- Contributing to the development of our global and US affiliate organization, capabilities and tools for launch and developing launch readiness targets and tracking
- Development of projections and targets for sales launch and prepare launch tracking with US affiliate
- Driving planning, preparation, and execution of sales launch with US affiliate colleagues
- Participation in the selection of commercialization partners in geographies outside the US and develop commercial launch readiness in close collaboration with partners
- Development and implementation of commercial life-cycle management plans
- Providing market and competitor input to pipeline development strategies
To master the job as Director of Global Marketing, you need a track record in global marketing from a pharmaceutical company.
You hold a master’s degree from a relevant field of study, for example business administration, communications, economics, medical or science and have:
- Minimum eight years relevant experience in Marketing roles, including pre-launch/launch experience. US experience is a prerequisite and top EU markets and Japan an advantage
- Strong analytical and execution skills as applied to strategic marketing, market insights, key message development, segmentation and targeting, multi-channel communications
- Demonstrated ability to implement a pre-launch strategy. Orphan oncology or diagnostics is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions and countries
- Strong drive to achieve successful marketing and sales while maintaining high standards of ethics and ways of collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
As a colleague, professional and leader you:
- Build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Demonstrate ability to operate in a fast-growing cross-functional environment; experience in a start-up or emerging pharma is a plus
- Deliver your results exhibiting strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Demonstrate flexibility, integrity and ability to deal with complexity under pressure
- Are fluent in both spoken and written English and deliver effective written and oral communications to peers and management, up to and including Board level
- Are excited about the Ascelia Pharma’s product portfolio and opportunities ahead
On the personal side, you have a positive can-do attitude and strong analytical skills. You set ambitious goals and solve tasks in a collaborative, fast-paced manner. You deliver on projects equally well if you drive them alone or if you contribute as a team member.
At Ascelia Pharma, your skills, dedication, and engagement help us improve the lives of people living with cancer. We offer you an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company with global reach, where engagement, dedication and results are met with opportunities for individual and professional development. We are committed to our core values Courage, Integrity and Focus.
Travelling: The position will require some travelling.
Work location: Preferably able to work primarily from the head office; other locations considered depending on the candidate.
Domicile: Hyllie Boulevard 34, 215 32 Malmö, Sweden
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter, along with any other material, using the form below.
All applications must be in English and are treated confidentially.
Candidates will be assessed as applications are received.
For more details about the job or the company, please contact:
Julie Waras Brogren,
Chief Commercial Officer,
Phone +46 735 17 91 16