Ascelia Pharma AB (publ) (ticker: ACE) today announces that the Nomination Committee in preparation for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 6 May 2024 has been appointed.
In accordance with the instructions for the Nomination Committee in Ascelia Pharma, the members should be one representative of each of the three largest shareholders who wish to appoint such representative together with the chairman of the board of directors. The Nomination Committee shall be composed based on shareholder statistics from Euroclear Sweden AB as of the last banking day in September and other reliable shareholder information which has been provided to the company at such time.
Based on the above, the Nomination Committee in respect of the AGM that will be held in Malmö on 6 May 2024 has been established to consist of the following persons together representing approximately 22% of votes in the company:
- Jørgen Thorball, chairman of the Nomination Committee, appointed by Sunstone Life Science Ventures II K/S;
- Håkan Nelson, appointed by Niels Mengel (through own holdings and holdings via Kibgeon ApS)*;
- Lars Vedin, appointed by Spogárd Holding A/S; and
- Peter Benson, chairman of the board of directors.
* As of the last banking day in September 2023, Øresund-Healthcare Management A/S was one of the three largest shareholders in the company that had expressed a wish to appoint a member of the Nomination Committee. Øresund-Healthcare Management A/S has subsequently distributed all its shares in Ascelia Pharma AB to its shareholders, among them Niels Mengel and Kibgeon ApS.
The Nomination Committee’s proposals will be presented in the notice to the Annual General Meeting 2024 and on the company’s website, www.ascelia.com.
The duties of the Nomination Committee are to prepare and propose the following to the coming annual shareholders’ meeting: election of chairman at the shareholders’ meeting; election of chairman of the board of directors and other members of the board of directors; fees to the board of directors, divided between the chairman and other members, and any fees for committee work; election of auditor and fees to the auditor; and principles for appointment of the Nomination Committee.
Shareholders who wish to submit proposals to the Nomination Committee are welcome to contact the Nomination Committee at the company’s address or alternatively via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals shall be submitted in due time before the Annual General Meeting, but not later than 29 February 2024, to ensure that the proposals can be considered by the Nomination Committee.